Pages

3/14/08

She's Here!


My beautiful new baby niece was born last night just after 9 p.m. She has a very healthy set of lungs. Congratulations, Melanie! Evelyn is darling.
My little sister and I missed the actual birth because Evelyn came much faster than we anticipated! The hospital called about 5pm and told Melanie to mosey on over to the hospital (because they didn't have a room for her just yet). Previous babies were born after hours and hours of labor so we thought we had plenty of time. Only 4 hours later, as sissy and I were moseying over to the hospital after getting some homework done, we received the call that Evelyn couldn't wait any longer and she'd decided to make her entrance.
I have been blessed to be at the births of 2 other nieces and I am so grateful for the experience. The first time was my freshman year at college and it was scary... I literally stood at the door in case I needed to run out of the room. The thoughts running through my head were, "I am NEVER going to be able to do this! I'm going to have to adopt all of my children..." But then - the baby came. And I paused in my moment of terror and felt a moment of peace. My fear was not completely gone, but it was at that moment, finally, that I felt like - "ok, I think I can do this."
So whatever your personal feelings may be about inviting others into the delivery room, for me, it did a great deal of good. Thank you, Melanie. Now your kids will have cousins to play with. ;)

7 comments:

Kate said...

YAY! I have been waiting for the news! She's gorgeous. Look at her pretty hair! And you look like one proud aunt. Yay for Melanie & another baby girl!

Anonymous said...

Giving birth is the most amazing experience of my life... when it is right it is worth it!

Macey said...

What a precious baby!

sara said...

Congratulations to Melanie! I've been checking her blog for pictures and hadn't thought to check yours :) How exciting; I'm glad everything went well!

I have not witnessed any births other than my own children and I haven't really had a big desire to either - but I'm glad the experience has helped you to get even more excited about; it's truly amazing! Having babies & spending a couple days in the hospital with newborn(s) have been some of my most favorite times.

Holly said...

Lol, oh Heidi.... :)

Thank you for your help, by the way! And Saturday was so much fun! Although I'm having quite an ordeal over here trying not to eat the treats you left... :)

Melanie said...

About those cousins... :)

Breena said...

I am glad you had a good expirence. When I was in with starla I only got to see her in pain because I went to church right before she had her baby.I can't wait till you start having babies Heidi dear;)