Pages

2/5/08

Some Mom's Have ALL the Talent


Happy Birthday to my cute nephew!!!





He's three years old today and had a fantastic birthday party with his family. His daddy was nice enough to post pictures of the festivites on our family website and I had to show off how amazing and talented my sister-in-law is! Cute Nephew is crazy about Peter Pan right now, so he received a Peter Pan/nautical themed creation for his birthday.










Isn't that amazing!??!?!?


The cake is composed of 2 main parts: the sea is a "devil's food" cake with wavy cream cheese frosting, and the ship is a chocolate pound cake with dark chocolate frosting "planks". The cannons are black licorice whips housing the candles, the railing is assembled with Butterfinger Sticks, the sails are fruit leather, and the crow's nest is a Rolo candy. Also spotted on deck are Whopper cannon balls, Root Beer Barrels, and Rolo pirate booty!




I want one...

3 comments:

Aimee said...

That cake is SWEET!! And I bet fit exactly what any 3-year-old would imagine for his perfect b-day cake. I remember my mom making some sweet cakes in her day. Takes a lot of patience. I aspire to that. Thanks for the inspiration - and super cute pics of Nephew!

Lindsee said...

amazing. Simply amazing. And I can't believe that kid is actually 3!!

sara said...

Hi Heidi! It's me cousin Sara :) Just got word from Jamie today about your blog! I started mine almost a year ago; Kate has one too. I'm so impressed with that cake; what a great idea! See ya!