Pages

2/3/08

IKEA: Warehouse of Wonders


I thoroughly enjoyed my first trip to IKEA a couple of weeks ago. I went with my Family Meal Management class on a fieldtrip one snowy afternoon and I spent a few blissful hours there taking millions of pictures and dreaming about buying many, many things. (The "purpose" of the field trip was to look at the kitchen styles and dining rooms and discuss how the arrangement might bring the family back to the table.)

Halfway through the store I remembered I hadn't taken any pictures yet, so I got to work. Then I realized when I was almost through that my camera was on some weird setting and most of the pictures were dark and/or blurry. I had to go back to the beginning anyway, so I took pictures of my favorite things sooo many times. After I got home and started to show Tylan all of the pictures, I wished I had taken more!


I loved these adorable little ceramic colanders. I'd love to put flowers or fake fruit in it and use as a cute kitchen decoration.






My favorite Kitchen, Dining, Living room combination. It was SO pretty in person. I loved the paneled backs of the bookshelves and entertainment center.




This living room just felt beachy and it was beautiful. I loved the display shelf/cabinet in the kitchen.







My second favorite kitchen. I thought the lowered slab/table was a great touch and a nice place to sit your kids with coloring books or something while you make dinner and keep an eye on them.



I loved the juxtaposition of the the white cabinets and dark brown bookshelf/table. The bookshelf is pretty plain, but I want one! I love the cubes.

Very cool wall art. They were ENORMOUS.


A lovely touch to any kitchen! Your own utensil and apron holder.

LOVED these cute curtains! The red petals/circles popped away from the curtains. I am definitely going to try this.




I love floor to ceiling bookshelves and the library feel.


Loved the entrance to the kid zone and the fun light fixtures.



I adore this painting. What are these called again? They are white and fluffy and you blow on them and the seeds scatter everywhere.

This bed frame is SO cute! I love it! And at that price, what a steal! I love head/foot boards.


Another adorable bed set with tulips carved in the wood.

And last but not least, a fantastic painting of Audrey Hepburn a'la Breakfast at Tiffany's.

IKEA, I see the beginning of a beautiful friendship. I can't wait to have a home big enough for everything that I want! ;)

6 comments:

Jessie said...

Dandelions! When they go to seed they get puffy and white so the wind can carry them all over our yards and make more work for our husbands. haha! I used to get paid a penny a peice for picking them when I was little. FunFun!

Heidi said...

Dandelions! Ooh, what a good idea!

Alicia said...

Yes, Heidi, I too love IKEA. The one we have here is an hour and a half away, so it keeps me from spending TOO much money there, but whenever we go, I feel like a kid again and get really excited to decorate a house someday! :)

Anonymous said...

I will have to post pics of our bedroom! Josh and I had a blast making it over with IKEA stuff! I love the bed frame you picked out too, but my 6'5 husband requires a California King bed and IKEA doesn't have a frame to accommodate us! I will post pics to show you how we improvised!

Sarah said...

You are so cute Heidi O' My Heart. I want to go to IKEA with you when you come home next! And I think my favorite part of that entry was "juxtoposition!" Great word! :)

Heidi said...

Alicia: I hear ya on the hour and a half away! Ours is 30-45 minutes away on a good day. If it's snowing...just don't go. :)

Afton: I'd love to see your bedroom! Decorating is so fun!

Sayrah: You got it babe. ;) I wish I had paid attention to your furniture when I was at your house! I learned "juxtaposition" at BYU at an art exhibit. It's a good word. Makes me feel smart.